Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Cake Pops


Alright so I found this really interesting book about these things called cake pops. All you have to do is bake a cake, crumble it into tiny pieces, then mix some icing into it, and cover them in chocolate. I'll post a full tutorial with step by step instructions in a couple days. Until then here are a couple that I have done on my own. They didn't turn out quite the way I had hoped and there were many casualties along the way but it was a pretty good first attempt. I will be trying this again as they went over amazingly well. They can be stored for quite a long time in the fridge and still taste fresh and all of my friends loved them. And they're a little cuter and more creative than plain cupcakes. This is a link to one of my favorite websites about cake pops.bakerella

2 comments:

  1. They look so good... I would be really confused eating one of those.. I wouldn't know what to think when the traditional way of eating ice cream is by licking it and now its a cake on top of a cone. Mind boggling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those do look really good! I love baking cupcakes and cookies. I have never heard of cakepops before, but I definitely want to try it out.

    ReplyDelete