Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Craving Crazy Cakes

Have you ever craved something and then thought “Hey I wonder if I could make this into a cupcake?” no? Well I have. Cupcakes are one of the most versatile things you can bake, you can make them taste or look like anything you want. Craving spaghetti? you can make cupcakes that look like spaghetti, maybe you’re favorite food is bacon, bacon goes great with peanut butter and chocolate cupcakes. You can do amazing things with cupcakes and this is just part one of craving crazy cupcakes, a series of blogs exploring the versatility of cupcakes.

I had a craving for one of my favorite sandwiches the other day and you’re probably thinking how are you going to make a sandwich into a cupcake and have it still taste good? Well start with a good sandwich, like Nutella and peanut butter with bananas. I know to some of you it may sound weird but if you like all of those things you will love these cupcakes.

I started out with a simple peanut butter cake recipe and then added some mashed bananas into it. Next I made the icing I followed the recipe for  regular chocolate butter cream icing and then added Nutella instead of melted chocolate.

Just a side note, make sure your butter isn’t too cold when you make your icing otherwise you get chunks of butter that don’t quite mix in.

Then once the cupcakes came out of the oven and were cooled I iced them and stuck a peanut and slice of banana on top for decoration.

Stay tuned for another entry in Craving Crazy Cupcakes

No comments:

Post a Comment